On November 21 I shared with you that at present 68 countries in our world persecute or restrict Christianity. If you look at a map of the world you will see a huge area that has come to be called “The 10-40 Window.” The “10-40 Window” is the entire strip on the globe located between 10 and 40 degrees north of the equator. It is within that area that the majority of nations hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ are located.
Most of us will never travel to those places or have opportunity to preach and share the gospel in those nations of the world. So what can we do to help those who live there and sacrifice EVERYTHING for their faith: their jobs, homes, families, freedom, and even their lives? WE CAN PRAY.
FOLLOWING ARE 10 WAYS YOU CAN PRAY FOR YOUR PERSECUTED FAMILY AROUND THE WORLD:
1) Pray that persecuted believers will sense God’s presence (Hebrews 13:5).
2) Pray that they will feel connected to the greater Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:20, 26).
3) Pray that they will experience God’s comfort when their family members are killed, injured or imprisoned for their witness (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).
4) Pray that they will have more opportunities to share the gospel (Colossians 4:3).
5) Pray for their boldness to make Christ known (Philippians 1:14).
6) Pray that they will forgive and love their persecutors (Matthew 5:44).
7) Pray that their ministry activities will remain undetected by authorities or others who wish to silence them (Acts 9:25)
8) Pray that they will rejoice in suffering (Acts 5:41)
9) Pray that they will be refreshed through God’s Word and grow in their faith (Ephesians 6:17)
10) Pray that they will be strengthened through the prayers of fellow believers (Jude 20-25).
Our Persecuted Family desires our prayers! Pray for someone now who is far away, suffering for their faith. Your prayers will be felt and make a difference!